+44 7831 561042

Mylne's Bridge at Blackfriars

hover over image to zoom

Artist: William Richardson

The third bridge to be built in Central London, after London Bridge and Westminster Bridge, Blackfriars was opened in 1769. Designed by Scotsman Robert Mylne when he was still in his 20s and made using Portland stone, it was a very handsome structure. However, it had a history of frequent repair work and was eventually replaced exactly a hundred years later by the present bridge, opened by Queen Victoria herself in 1869.

This fine watercolour was executed by William Richardson in 1843 and the labels to the reverse give the provenance as being with The Parker Gallery when they were on Albermarle Street, London and then with Lord Nathan, July 1951. Within a fine mid 20th century gallery frame.

Framed dimensions: 33 in x 23.5 in, the work: 26 in x 15.5 in

Item Code: 2195

£ 1950

Enquire about this item