+44 7831 561042

The Manor House Dulwich

hover over image to zoom

A cut and painted card model of 'The Manor House Dulwich', made some 20 years after its destruction by 'F. M. M. October 1904.'  

Within the original glazed case on an ebonized wooden base. English circa 1900.

The Manor House was pulled down in the 1880s to allow the construction of South Croxted Road.Croxted Lane originally ran from Norwood Road up to Park Hall Road. Reputedly, The Manor House was the home of Edward Alleyn, founder of the Dulwich Estate. However, this is unlikely as Victorian photographs show a house more likely dating from the late 17th century; Alleyn died in 1626.

w:14.75 in x d:8.25 in x h:10 in

 

Item Code: 2203

£ 850

Enquire about this item